Friday, June 5, 2015

Tranquility At The Lake

So nice to be back at Deep Creek Lake once again!  It is here that I find the peace and tranquility that inspires me to continue my writing.  I have been out of touch for quite a while now, since the passing of my sister in January of this year.  The months that followed have not been easy.  It seemed   with every day, a new challenge would present itself.   Life can be that way sometimes.  The only difference for me was the fact that I no longer had my sister to call and talk to. We were always there for each other, for as long as I can remember!  I don’t believe that two sisters could ever be any closer than we were.  Birth made us sisters, but life made us “best friends”.  I am thankful for the time I did have with her and I feel blessed that through our faith, I know that her “Spirit” is always with me and we will be together again someday!  Thanks to God!

I am also thankful for the support of my daughter during the long winter months of my down time and writer’s block for her continued motivation and perseverance to carry me in our writing endeavor.  She has truly been the “wind beneath my wings”; especially these past few months.  She has not only kept our blog going, but has also  ventured out on her own as well,  to promote her first book; “Signs From God”!  We have both received many “signs” from God through the years and have made note of them.  We’ve also had many long conversations about these signs whenever they came up. It is such a comfort for both of us to talk about these spiritual events, as we understand each other’s feelings so well.  We  feel so blessed that God speaks to us in this way,  but  we realize that we’re not the only ones that God shows these signs to, if you’re open enough to look for the signs and believe.  This is where her story begins………..and it is an awesome read!   It is now in the editing and formatting stages in preparation for   publication, and we will keep you posted as the time draws closer for her book signing party.  We encourage our readers to also follow her new blog at:  www.sharonshabinaw.blogspot.com

With the long, cold, and painfully sad months now behind me, I am ready to continue with my writing and devotion to our readers. Thank you God for answered prayers and thank you for some prayers that have not been answered.  You are in control, and I know you are directing the path you want me to take according to your will, and I’m ok with that!

“For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord’, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

God doesn’t always give us answers, but He always gives us assurance. He promises us a love that will never, never fail.



 

No comments: