Sunday, June 7, 2015

Let There Be Peace On Earth

One of the things I love the most about being at the lake are the church steeple chimes that ring out everyday at 12:00 noon and 6:00 in the evening. I can see the beautiful steeple from my deck and thoroughly enjoy the peaceful calm that comes over me every time they ring! Following the bells of the hour, are always at least 2 hymns or songs that are so familiar! I just came in from listening to the 6:00 bells that rang out.......The hymn today was, "Let There Be Peace On Earth", you know the one I'm sure! The tune goes on to say, "and let it begin with me" , and so on! How appropriate, for all the hurt and chaos that is going on in our world today! So much sadness all around us! We ALL need God in our lives and in our hearts and soul.   ISAIAH 26:3  "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!" Dear God, thank you for directing my path!

Last year, when I purchased this little place of mine in the mountains at Deep Creek Lake, I so wanted my sister to be a part of this adventure with me. So many things I thought we could do here together. There is a horse farm close by and my sister loved horses more than anything. I couldn't wait to get her here to see them and all the beauty that surrounds us here!

I sit alone right now and look across the table at the empty seat that I hoped so much, she would fill this year; to carry on our long conversations and much laughter that we always shared so much of, over a cup of coffee or tea and sometimes a glass of wine! Tears begin to fill my eyes once again for the hole I feel in my heart as she was taken much too soon. She never got that chance to share this time with me here, and I'm so sorry for that! I try each day to overcome the void left in my heart but it is hard, so very hard!

There is a "happy" ending to my story today, however, because life must go on and I know that I must be strong for others who also suffer her loss. Through our faith, I know and feel her "spirit" always with me because of the little "signs" she gives along the way! I talked about the church steeple chimes in the beginning of my post. Well, another sign came on the very first day I got here this past weekend. As the church bells began to play at 12:00 noon, I rushed out to my deck to take it all in once again! Sure enough, to my complete surprise, the same song began to play out from the church that I had as her ring tone on my phone! I sat there totally astonished! It was, "You Raised Me Up", the one that Josh Groban sings! There was my sign! God wanted to let me know that she IS with me here, even though I can't see her physically, I feel her presence with me always! Thank you God!

"Now, may the Lord of peace himself give you His peace of all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you."

FROM 2 THESSALONIANS 3:16

No comments: