Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Trials With A Purpose

Dear Lord,

I pray for those who are hurting today, to feel the comfort of your arms around them and let them feel how much you love them!  Help us to use our pain of the past to help others through their trials. Amen!

Today, is the first day of the rest of my life......Thank you God, for getting me through the dark days that started this year off to such  a bad start.  After the loss of my sister in January, the grief that followed the first six months of this year has overwhelmed me with periods of sadness and depression that at times has been devastating!  I then experienced some health challenges of my own early in the year that had to be addressed.  Reflecting back to the most traumatic time of my life, 35 years ago, when anxiety attacks and depression got the best of me; I was not about to give in to the power of Satan's pull when we are weak!  Through the grace of God and His miraculous healing in 1980, I have learned to bring myself out of the pits of despair and give the negative thoughts to the Lord!  When I am troubled or when sleep does not come easy, He guides me to where I need to be or directs me to what I need to read or hear at the time.  It is an awesome moment when this happens!  There is a peaceful calm that radiates through my whole body, and there is no doubt that He is right there with me!  I am never alone, and neither are you!  God is always with us!

A friend of mine once told me in our Bible Study group that she has a "God Box" that she puts her worries into.  I have found that through an exercise of writing on a small piece of paper, what is troubling me at the time, and turning those burdens and worries over to God - takes them off my shoulders!  I fold that little note of prayer up and put it in what I call my "God Box"!  It's just a small box with a butterfly on the top of it ......the butterfly to me represents  FREEDOM!  I can then go about my day, knowing that God has it all under control and He has set me free from worrying!  No more sadness, just peace in knowing God will take care of everything in His time and not mine! Praise the Lord!

I am thankful that I am now on the road to recovery once again from the storms in life that all of us encounter at one time or another.  I am feeling energized and fully motivated to continue on our journey together;  my daughter and I, to accomplish the mission we believe was meant to be for our lives.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything;  by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-8


No comments: