Wednesday, January 28, 2015

ONE DAY AT A TIME


It has been 3 weeks now since I lost my sister to cancer.  The pain of losing her has been devastating not only to me but to our whole family as well.  It was so unexpected news to hear.  We never even got a chance to get use to the "C" word before it took her life..... We will forever feel that void in our lives but we know she will live on in our hearts and souls always. I know I'm not alone when I say  I feel as though a vacuum has just sucked the joy and energy right out of me.  Some  days are harder than others, as certain events and thoughts will trigger my mind to bring on the tears once again.  When that happens, I'm back to square one again and it is so hard to get back on track......... We had a wonderful relationship and were as close as any two sisters could possibly be.


 Dear Lord, I pray that the heartache and pain will begin to get less each day that passes because I know my sister would not want for any of us to be sad.  She would want us to go on with our lives and live it to the very fullest. We had many one-on-one talks and I know my sister worried so much about everyone and everything.  She was just that kind of person!  The last few days of my sister's life was the hardest, but  I promised my sister that we would be ok because I knew she was tired of the pain and suffering she was going through. Father, I now pray for  you to help us be ok if it is your will, so that I can keep the promise I made to my sister, "One Day at a Time!"

 In Jesus name, I pray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I look forward to reading your blogs and am especially looking forward to your book. Any way to be closer to you and Mom Mom is a blessing. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. It helps to know that I am not alone in missing Mom Mom like crazy. This is the hardest thing to accept and I don't know how to accept that she isn't coming back. My eyes are almost swollen shut from crying so much last night. Just when I thought no more gifts from her whether it be a conversation, hug, card, etc... She gave me the most wonderful gift anyone could ever give anyone... I am truly blessed and at the same time lost for words. I know now that between her and God they will give me the most precious gift ever one day. xoxo