Thursday, January 29, 2015

BELIEVE! THE "SPIRIT" LIVES ON

This last month has truly been a challenge for me and my family.  Since  the passing of my sister, IRIS,  on January 6th nothing has really been the same for us.  I miss her so very much!  The long conversations we would have at her kitchen table and the phone calls from her every day that are now non-existent.  I have found myself even going to the phone to call her, simply forgetting that  she is no longer here, and then the reality begins to set in and once again I am overwhelmed with tears.  I begin to question, “Will this heartache and pain ever go away?”  I have been a caregiver and Hospice volunteer to help others going through  a  grieving process for many years, but yet having such a hard time helping myself get through this!  I thank God for my  “ faith”  and to know that she is now with God and  her loved ones who have gone before her .  Though it hurts all of us here to not have her physically  by our side, I know that she is no longer in pain and suffering and that makes me happy (John 5:24) (1 Corinthians 6:14, 17).

Now, I believe that every story should have a “happy” ending.  It just leaves you feeling good inside, and the following  short  story  is no different!  What I experienced the other night  gave me the inspiration and incentive I needed to go on, just like my sister would want for  me and all of her loved ones here.  She was a woman of  “faith”  and she knew her time was limited here on earth,  so all of us promised her that we would be ok.  We wanted the hurting to be over for her. I must admit that it has been very hard at times trying to keep that promise, but the other night, as I tossed and turned trying to fall asleep, I cried out for my sister to just give me a sign!  You won’t believe what happened after that!

WAIT FOR IT ……… The “happy ending” is coming!

Earlier on  that particular day, my iPhone began to act up so I decided to make the trip to the mall and see what the problem was.  The techs there tell me that it couldn’t be fixed BUT I was eligible for an upgrade and they could backup my new iPhone right there from the information on my old phone.  Sounded good to me and there would be no extra charge for the new phone.  Sooooo, I had previously downloaded a song by Elvis Presley called  “An Evening Prayer”….I loved the words to this song and I often play it before going to sleep.  So when I could not fall asleep and kept tossing and turning, I decided to turn my new iPhone on and listen to this song.  Well, I turned the light on still sobbing and when I looked on my song albums,  what I saw just made chills go all through me!  Somehow, someway, an album was on my new phone that I had never heard of before and the song was titled, " IRIS, (HOLD ME CLOSE)"!  Well, just the title alone is what got to me first, and those sobs now became tears of “Joy”!  There was my “sign”!!  I played the song that was unfamiliar to me.  I  listened in awe to the words that were delivering a message to me  that I could feel within my entire body, mind and soul was coming directly from her "Spirit"  to me.  Her "Spirit" is now united with the Lord (1 Corinthians 6:17).......... It was like she was comforting me in my worst moment of grieving for her.  Through my tears of grief, while listening to  the words I needed to hear, (“My light is in your heart, IRIS, hold me close” ).  She was telling me that her light is in my heart and she will hold me close!  WOW…….this was supposed to be a happy ending but yet I sit here crying just thinking of that moment when God and my sister  heard my prayer!  The "happy ending" to this story is that  I am so inspired by these kind of signs and experiences that it never fails to overwhelm me with love and happy thoughts!  God is everywhere and our loved ones who are not here physically, are everywhere too!  We just need to BELIEVE and keep looking for the signs!   I pray the same for all of my family and friends who are trying to process the grief of losing someone close to them!  In Jesus name I pray,  Amen!

No comments: