Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Are You The Rock of Your Family? - Here's Some Advice Before You Crumble!

I used to think I was a very strong person.  Here's a plaque of one of my favorite sayings.  The fact of the matter is though, that you are only as strong as God will let you be.  He is where our strength comes from; and, He knows when we have had enough.  When that point comes, He will take matters into His own hands.  And, when that time comes, you have to have the belief that everything happens for a reason.  No matter how difficult the problem is you are dealing with, you have to look and believe that there was a better plan.  It may not have come in your timing, and it may not have been what you thought you wanted.  The thing is, He knows what each of us need.  He may be working through us to help someone else during their time of need as well.

Before my heart attack, I was the Rock of my family.  I was there when they needed me.  I was strong and I took on every one's problems as if they were mine.  I guess it was the mother in me that wanted to help make things right.  I want to ease their burdens.  If I can do it, I will do anything to make it easier for them and to always be there.  Thank God, I'm still here today.  Despite the traumatic experience me and my family went through during my heart attack, I now realize that no matter what is going on in your life, or the lives around you, that You are NOT the Rock - no matter how much you want to be! 

The only Rock, that we can truly rely on, is God!  Yes, we can take on the role to the best of our ability, but we must give our worries and our problems to God!  Only He can help us if we are willing to listen.  He can guide our paths, provide comfort and peace in trying times.  He gives us our strength so that we can support others.  Though there comes a time when even God knows you've had enough and can't take on any more.  When that happens, He may set you back even further so that you have to slow down, take some time for yourself to recuperate and reflect on what's important to you and what you need to do so that you can get back to being yourself.....a better self, a stronger self, a healthier self.  He is testing us all the time, we just need to listen and pass the test.

So, as I sit here today, exactly 4 weeks after my heart attack, I'm here to tell you 'Rocks' of the World, to slow down.  Don't take on every one's problems, don't let the stress get you down, or you will crumble.  You can only do so much.  Don't sweat the small stuff, it's just stuff!  Stress is like Cancer.  Once it starts, it just continues to grow and manifests itself into your entire being that you can not beat it.  Take my advice though and you might be one of the lucky ones as well that has beaten the Cancer!

I just suffered from what they call "Broken Heart Syndrome".  Luckily, when caught, in most cases it is reversible, but it simulates a massive heart attack and weakens your heart muscle severely.  I went into cardiac arrest, and went through the most traumatic experience of my life.  The look on my husband's face when they said he had to leave the room, was enough to kill me.  I remember yelling at God, as the nurse called for the paddles, "God, I'm not ready to die!"
Lucky for me, neither was He.  He has a plan for me, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is, and I will continue to share with you and others as I continue on this journey with God so that I can be a Rock to as many people that are interested in receiving support in their journey to find their purpose in life.  Though a few things I will do differently is take time for God, take time for myself, and not let the small stuff bother me.  I can't take on everyone's burdens, but I can help lead them to God so that God can take on their burden and mine!

Have a blessed day!



2 comments:

riffle888 said...

Thank you for this post, it has came at a very tough time in my life. I lost my mom 2 months ago with cancer and I'm the strong one, I'm everyone's rock wall as I say. Well this past week my fall has started to crumble. I got a first new grand baby 33 days after mom passed. So I have tons to be grateful for. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I'm 40 years old and to all who knows me I'm super woman, but inside right now I'm a mess. I need to find me and slow down for me and my family. Thanks again for sharing

Sharon Shabinaw said...

Thanks for your comments! It brings me a sense of peace knowing it may have helped you just a little. I too was a care giver for my mother in law who lived with us and suffered from cancer. So I know what you must be going through there too. I was close with my mother in law and with her every day through her battle. All I can say is with time it will get better. Throw yourself into the life full speed ahead with your new grandchild and know that your mother is looking down and watching over you both. Look for the signs and keep an open mind because the signs come in many forms when you are open to them. Once you start recognizing them, you start to recognize them more and more! If you haven't already, check out our book, Signs from God.... Available on Amazon. Saying prayers for you, and remember, you may not know how you are going to get through this time, but YOU WILL! That is something that was told to me just this week, and I thought it was also something good to share. Take care of yourself right now, because there is a time for everything and right now it is your time to grieve and take care of yourself!