Friday, October 9, 2015

Turning Back the Hands of Time

AUTUMN, and with the beautifully colored falling leaves, also comes setting back the hands on the clock for just one more hour of time to gain. Think about that for a moment.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could just go back in time ourselves to certain times in our lives that we would want to re-live once again?  To be with our loved ones who have passed just one more time to share a story, or follow their every word of a story they may have told, or would have liked to tell?  Ah, memories - those sweet "Rocking Chair" memories; that is what I like to refer them to. Some are good, some are bad, but they are memories just the same, etched in our minds and hearts forever.

Then again, for some of us we may like to change some of the times we may have gone through. I know I would.  I don't believe that anyone has a life full of everything good and positive.  We all will have trials and tribulations to go through while experiencing life here on earth, but all of us have a different journey, and every life matters.  I believe we are here for a purpose, and eventually the puzzle pieces of our lives begin to fit together. Personally, those of you who have been following our blog and now our website, know my history and what I feel my purpose is.  It is true that I have lost almost 5 long years of  not only my life, but that of my family's as well, suffering with depression, anxiety attacks and worse yet, a nervous breakdown going through a divorce many years ago. However, fast forward in time, I am here now and stronger than I have ever been in my life! For all those years, I have kept my thoughts, feelings and experiences of that horrific time in my life stifled and hidden in my mind for fear of others not believing me.  No more! I experienced a miraculous healing in 1980 and it was for a purpose.  That purpose was to help others today going through similar dark times in their lives. Don't be ashamed. Depression is an illness just like any other illness and you can and will get through it too, with the help and grace of God. To God be the Glory!

My daughter and I have been on this journey together to spread the word of inspiration and hope. We have now added a new page on our website, www.windbeneathourwings.net, titled Depression & Hope. Check it out, and feel free to share your stories and/or contact me personally, private and/or open discussion on this Blog, or through Facebook, www.facebook.com/MyStory1980.  Be sure to get your copy of  "Signs from God", our first book published together.  Available through our website, Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, or other ebook suppliers.

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy, and  beautiful fall season.  God Bless You and God Bless America!


No comments: