Tuesday, April 21, 2015

One Set of Footprints in the Sand


I was sitting here this morning wondering what I could write about.  What has touched my heart this past week?  What has impacted my life to the point I would want to write about it?  Then it hit me.  I’m sure everyone has experienced a situation or time in your life when you think, is it really that bad?  Or how could this person possibly believe this?  How could they think this?  How could they act this way?

You’ve heard the saying, ‘walk a day in my shoes’?  The next time you are wondering how someone could do or say such a thing….stop and ask yourself how they must be feeling.  Try to imagine what they are going through.  Everyone is struggling with something or fighting their own battles.  While what we see on the outside, may be something totally different on the inside.

I was in a Church meeting this past weekend and this kind soul was expressing some very deep feelings, and while what he felt about himself, was something so very different from what others felt about him.  He was struggling with self-doubt and feeling guilty about being in a certain situation or circumstance.  His totally humbling attitude really made me stop and think about how different everyone is and how everyone has a story to tell.  We all need to stop judging from the outside without giving a second thought to what someone may be struggling with on the inside.  We are all broken in some way and until we come to terms with that and God, we will continue to struggle.  Trust in God and know that he has died for our sins.  Once we believe that and trust in him, he will show us the way!  For when we are even at our lowest point, he will not fail us.  He is always there, but at times he has to carry us ...leaving only one set of footprints in the sand.

We all have a story to tell.  Take time to think about yours and how God has played a part in your story!  Look back and I’m sure even those unanswered prayers brought you to be what you are today......STRONGER!

No comments: