Friday, June 30, 2017

A STORY TO BE TOLD


In the background of my brain there is a story to be told. I have procrastinated far too long in getting this story told for many reasons and I apologize for that. For those of you who know me, you know there has been a lot going on in my life the last couple of years. For the most part, it has been “good” things that have kept me from my writing, like getting married and relocating.  It is true although these events have been a wonderful distraction for me there has also been an underlying reason in my own mind that has dominated my thoughts about getting my story told. The reason for me is  “F E A R”!  Fear of reliving the pain that I endured during those five years I found myself in captivity to depression, panic attacks and the endless anxiety. Fear of a relapse into those dark days of my life. Fear of what people will say and think about me. Fear of the unknown. It is now time for me to confront those fears, because I know God is with me. Isaiah 41:10 “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you. I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand”. It is a funny thing, how God lets me go for so long, and then pulls me back by His gentle nudges and signs to get me back on track to do His will.  I don’t believe that my family or I were meant to suffer those five years in vain. I do believe that it is God’s will for me to help those who are suffering now with this devastating illness that is so misunderstood by so many.

My story will be the follow-up to my first book, “Signs from God”, that my daughter and I wrote together and is now published and available at Amazon.com.  This book not only reveals my testimony of the miraculous healing that took place in my life in 1980, but also shares stories from others who have been touched by signs from God, and who were so graciously willing to share their stories as well.

I made a promise to write this follow up book, “A Mountain to Climb”, that is a true story of my life and memoir that will go into great detail about the struggles of a young mother suffering for five long years through a nervous breakdown and all that led up to the mountain she had to climb suffering through a broken marriage with depression, tranquilizers, shock treatments and yes even suicide attempts. It will elaborate on how you can be trapped in your own body, in a catatonic state of mind and not being able to communicate with your loved ones.  At the same time, your heart is breaking because you are feeling so much pain you’re causing your family to go through as well.  This young mother at the time, tried desperately to hold her marriage together at her own expense for the sake of her children.  Through all her torment she came to realize that you can’t put on a happy face living a lie, and learned the hard way.  This book, “A Mountain to Climb” is a story of romance, love, loss, strength and survival.  It will reveal the “miraculous” healing that took place when God did what the doctors could not do.

This morning, God led me to Psalms 118:17 “I shall not die but live and shall declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord.” Well, that was definitely an eye opener for me.  Another nudge from God, and like my daughter says, to just DO IT!   It brought my thoughts back to the time of my miraculous healing when I prayed, “Lord, please make me well, or take me home with you. I can’t take anymore”.  It was only that very short prayer after all those years of suffering, and then a peaceful calm began to embrace my body starting from the tip of my toes. When it reached my heart and moved up to my face, I felt a puff of warm air being breathed into my mouth and I knew instantly that I was healed. God’s spirit of life was breathed into my body and the veil was lifted that covered my soul all those years struggling through my illness. Through the grace of God I was healed.  Thank you God for making me well and all the blessings you have given me since that day of healing in 1980.

Today, my prayer is for God to give me the strength to do His will and help me to share my testimony and story to continue spreading the words of “Hope, Trust and Believe” that miracles do happen, and even in the darkest hours and times of our lives, there can be a happy ending.  Psalm 145:21 “My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; and let all flesh bless (affectionately and gratefully praise) His holy name forever and ever”.   Amen

No comments: