Wednesday, January 7, 2015

HERE I AM LORD

Today, my writing is with a heavy heart and much sadness......Just a week ago I prayed for another "Miracle" but not for me this time.  It was for my dear sister, Iris, who we learned a very short time ago had ovarian cancer.  How could this happen?  She had just been through so much weeks before with having a complete shoulder replacement.  All the check-ups and pre-op that was done prior to that surgery had gone so well! No problem.  After many sleepless nights and much anxiety anticipating whether or not to have this surgery, she began to feel confident that she would have a better quality of life, and was well on her way to recovery and hopeful for the good times ahead we could and would all share once again! However, that optimism was very short lived when she began having pains in her stomach and continued discomfort that just wouldn't let up. It was relentless!  We all wondered,   "WHY?  WHY?  WHY???"  Such a good person, loved her church, her bible study groups, singing in the choir, helping in the church or wherever she could. WHY? We were so very close!  There was never a day that we didn't talk on the phone to check on each other.  She took care of me my whole life from baby up!  She took the role of my mother, my sister, best friend and confidant!  I can't even imagine how life will be without her......

God, I prayed, "YOU can do what doctors cannot do! Lord, you know I believe in Miracles because it  was your miraculous healing that made me well in 1980. I have never stopped thanking you everyday of my life since then. So God, I prayerfully ask for another "Miracle" if it is your Will for my sister to make her well!"  If it is not your Will,  Lord,  because you need another angel up there to watch over us, or you have another need for her that goes beyond our understanding then it would be selfish of us to want her to stay here when she is in such pain.

Father, thank you for giving her the strength to accept your Will and help her loved ones now to be strong enough to let her come peacefully home to you!  And Lord, thank you for the time we did have to spend together!  Our families shared so much together.......happy times, sad times and all the in-between times.  Life is so short here on earth, and this just puts it all in perspective!  We lost a very "Special" Lady today but her "Spirit" will live on in our hearts and souls forever!  Thank you God for all the "Rocking Chair" memories!

In Jesus name, we pray!



No comments: