Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Independence Day Junior!!


Last week we celebrated the 4th of July!  We hope that everyone had a great Independence Day celebrating those who fought and continue to fight for our Freedom.  This year, Independence Day took on a whole new meaning for my lifelong best friend, Karen, who lost her Dad to Cancer.  He suffered from the same disease that took my Father and also my Mother-in-Law.  Karen and I have been friends since the 7th Grade so we have grown up together.  Having spent a lot of time at Karen’s over the years, her Dad, Junior, was also a part of my life.  He was a great man and I remember he would always tease me or crack a joke to make us laugh.  I will always picture him riding his tractor cutting the grass.   Those who knew Junior knew that the 4th of July was a Holiday that meant a lot to him.  This year he was able to celebrate up in Heaven with his parents and family that went before him.  It was his Independence Day free from pain and suffering that goes along with Cancer.  My heart goes out to his family and all of the families who have to suffer through this terrible fight!  Here’s hoping that one day there is a cure and Freedom for ALL from the terrible disease called Cancer!

1 comment:

Karen Yirka said...

Finally got on here and saw this post.....tears again... :'(
Thank you for the beautiful tribute to a great father.... Xoxo